Alex and Sam introduced you to the spectacular Tanzania, Africa in The Rhapta Key Book #1 in the Alex Hunt Adventure Thriller series, but here are
10 Surprising Facts about Tanzania, Africa you never knew!
1. Dr. Leakey, the famous East Africa archaeologist, discovered the earliest human skull in the world, which dated back 2 million years in the Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania.
2. The coconut crab is the world’s largest crab and native to Tanzania. Apparently it is also one of the tastiest crabs in the world!
3. Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of the rock band ‘Queen’ was born in Zanzibar, Tanzania.
4. The world’s longest river, the Nile, originates from Lake Victoria, Tanzania.
5. Once a year a million wildebeest migrate from the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to the Masai Mara National Park in Kenya. The world-renowned migration is so epic that it became one of the seven natural wonders of the world!
6. Tanzania sports the famous mount Kilimanjaro which is the world’s tallest free standing mountain at roughly 5900 meters (19340 feet) above sea level.
7. The moon shines so brightly at night that you won’t need a flashlight to see where you’re going.
8. The most expensive wood in the world comes from the Mpingo trees commonly seen in Tanzania. This wood is used in many top quality music instruments.
9. Tanzania houses the world’s largest volcanic crater, Ngorongoro, which has a diameter of 19kms (11.8miles) and is 600 meters (1968 feet) deep.
10. Tanzania is home to the world’s only tree climbing lions!
Let me know which is your favorite fact you never knew about Tanzania! Leave a comment at the end of this post.
Why not experience it yourself? Click here